Missing Properties : [SQLINPARAM1,SQLINPARAM4]
This is an example of one error masquerading as another, it happens so much in Oracle.
Sort of like tromping down one path for a very long time….realizing you are completely lost.
So you just sit down and think about things for a while and slowly some intelligence creeps back in and you start on another path.
Maybe just maybe you are heading in the right direction, the problem is that you won’t know that until you get there.
Error about Missing Properties : [SQLINPARAM1,SQLINPARAM4] showing up in the GC Management Agent emagent.trc file.
Trying to get Grid Control Console to correctly display a newly upgraded 22.214.171.124 database. All I am seeing are errors. I can logon to the database via the console and do loads of stuff but the home page doesn’t display.
Several questions come to mind- 1. Is it related to the upgrade? 2. Is it because I have an oracle listener in a different home (standard operating procedure for me) 3. Some sort of OEM agent bug?
The following is the some of the errors showing up in the emagent.trc file: they are all pointing to what is known as the dynamic properties displayed on that home page.
2010-03-20 19:31:31,602 Thread-4040100752 ERROR engine: [oracle_database,ORACLE_SID,wait_bottlenecks] : nmeegd_GetMetricData failed : Missing Properties : [SQLINPARAM1,SQLINPARAM4]
2010-03-20 19:31:31,602 Thread-4040100752 WARN collector: <nmecmc.c> Error exit. Error message: Missing Properties : [SQLINPARAM1,SQLINPARAM4]
At least I can see the connection between the error messages and the GUI display not showing up properly. Now why?
Give the agent a good kick….I researched on MOS and found this document – Multiple “Missing Properties” Errors Appear Within emagent.trc [ID 422847.1]
I am now headed down the wrong path but I don’t knowwwwww…. it.
Instructions say to do the following to update the dynamic properties, you are supposed to use a real ORACLE_SID in place of the variable.
> emctl reload agent dynamicproperties ORACLE_SID:oracle_database Oracle Enterprise Manager 10g Release 5 Grid Control 10.2.0.5.0. Copyright (c) 1996, 2009 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved. --------------------------------------------------------------- EMD recompute dynprops completed successfully
No change….still not showing up…so now I start doing lots of kicking at the agent.
Upload, reload, stop,start, double check emoms.properties file, clean out the temp files often used for troubleshooting the agent, remove the database, add it back in using auto discovery.
NOW I AM TRULY LOST! HELP! (I have now spelled that out in big letters along side the road just in case someone comes looking for me)
Sigh……..I am on my own.
Well I go back and remove the database from the OEM console one more time. This is a path I started down but turned back around because it seemed wrong.
As I add it I notice the ORACLE_HOME was incorrect after doing an auto discovery…….where is that coming from? This comes from the listener.ora entry. After the upgrade I had neglected to change the ORACLE_HOME for this database. Since I usually operate the listener out of a different ORACLE_HOME I specify the correct one to associate this database with. GC auto parses the listener.ora for that information.
Fix: Changed the listener.ora entry, bounded the listener, rediscovered the database in OEM, made sure the properties page was correct.
Completely missed the wrong entry the first time.
So it was related to both 1 and 2 – related to the upgrade and the listener.ora in a different home. I am so much happier as I skip down the right path…on to other masquerading errors.
On a side note if you want to know all of the possible targets use the following query from your OEM repository database:
SQL>select distinct(target_type) from sysman.mgmt_targets; TARGET_TYPE oc4j oracle_listener mom_managed_host oracle_apache oracle_repserv oracle_webcache oracle_bc4j oracle_ias host oracle_database oracle_emd oracle_forms oracle_emrep 13 rows selected.