Recent discussions with colleagues about the new 11g Diagnosability Features, someone came up with the term “DBA Dinosaurs”.
How would you know if you are one?
1. Are you still on version 7.3.4 of Oracle?
2. Do you stay in your office, cubicle, work area? Rarely go to meetings with other human beings?
3. Do people wonder what do you do all day?
4. When was the last time you attended an oracle conference? If you attended did you “network” with others at the conference? Did you bring any business cards to pass around?
5. Do you only “linger” on technical email discussion lists?
6. Do you know what the newest version of Oracle is? Can you list at least 5 of the new features for that version?
7. Do you have a migration to the next CPU, patchset, version, hardware replacement in progress?
Number 7 to me is the one that says it all…..change is inevitable in our business. Are you changing with it?
If you aren’t moving then you are stagnating, soon to be extinct. Think about it.